Sunday, March 06, 2005

River Euphrates

I went up to Wilder today. Again my friend flaked out on me. She's got a good excuse thought. Anyway, I rode up another trail this time. One I'd never been on. It began as a STEEP climb. About half way up the was a short flat and I stopped. It was taking to much effort to go up. I spin the wheels to check them and the rear is tough to turn (No wonder the climb took so much out of me!). I realize the brake rotor is dragging on one of the brake pads. I used the multi-tool my folks bought me for x-mas to realign the caliper (Very simple) and begin to climb again. I clean a section that was heavily rutted from the rains this past week. After that it go REAL steep. I down shift and begin to mash my way up. It's at that point that the bike begins ghost shifting and jumping between two gears seemingly at random. The rear time begins to rub the frame to. I bail off and push the bike to the to afraid I had bent the axle. Nope. Apparently a stick had tripped the quick release, allowing the axel some wiggle room. Torque from cranking had wiggled the wheel and caused the wheel to rub. I straightened it out and finished the ride without problem.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home