Friday, January 21, 2005

SLACKER!!!!

OK I've been slacking for a few days. I had to replace those tires. But of course there was a catch. I pulled the tire off and immediately noticed two things. First, the existing inner tube had bonded with the existing tire (Fortunately I had anticipated as much and bought new tubes as well) . Second, the rubber rim tape (The strip that goes between the rim and the tube so the heads of the spoke nipples don't cut the tube) had bonded to the tube and shredded when I tried to separate the two. Not a huge issue, easy to fix, but I needed to get the wheels to a bike shop and get them taped. MY intent for today was to do that, and then ride, but I had an eye exam this morning, and they put drops in to dilate my pupils. Which of course made me incredible sensitive to light. Joy. So in my apartment, with the blinds all pulled, I worked like a gnome and got the tires on and everything ready. I'll ride tomorrow I think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home