Friday, July 22, 2005

Pedal

During the ride last weekend, my left pedal developed a side to side play. I didn't notice it on the ride (Well, I noticed that it felt weird and that there was a clicking coming from somewhere but I thought the cleat on my shoe had come loose again). When I looked at it closely the following day I noticed the damage. When I took the end cap off mangled ball bearings and metal shavings fell into my hand. Not good. So, feeling a little flustered, I gave up on fixing them and decided to call the company because I remembered they had a two year warranty. I didn't get around to calling them until today. Mostly because I'm at work during the companies hours, and for some reason it never occurred to me to use the cell phone on my lunch break or something. At any rate, I called them up today. The service rep apologized profusely for the pedal's failure. He said that occasionally the cartridge bearing fail, but they aren't supposed to do that. He said they wanted to make it right and gave me the option of sending the pedal to them and they would rebuild it for free, or sending me a rebuild kit and doing it myself. Of course I said send the kit. So, no questions asked, they are express mailing the kit out to me. Should be here Monday. That's what I call good customer service. Any company willing to stand behind their product like that is worth spending my money with. So if you need pedals, I can recommend Crank Bros. without any reservations.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home